- Watch weather reports prior to a long-distance drive or before driving in isolated areas. Delay trips when especially bad weather is expected. If you must leave, let others know your route, destination and estimated time of arrival.
- Always make sure your vehicle is in peak operating condition by having it inspected by your repair facility.
- Keep at least half a tank of gasoline in your vehicle at all times.
- Be sure to bring a cell phone and charger in case of emergencies.
- Don’t forget your emergency kit.